Pixie Glassworks is Edmonton's hot new glass studio and is dedicated to exploring and sharing the art of borosilicate flameworking. We offer state of the art equipment and some of the best new colored glass available in the world today. In our commitment to safety, we have a first rate ventilation system in place and industry standard eye protection for all students to wear.
- Each weeknight class is three hours long and the cost is $150.00 per class.Weekend workshops are 8 hours each day (with a one hour lunch break) and the cost is $500.00 for the weekend. Payment is required at the time of booking to secure your seat.
- Weekend classes require two registered students to run, and the deadline for booking is the Friday of the weekend before the scheduled class weekend. Any fees accepted will be refunded if the class is unable to run.
- Fees include instruction, proper eye protection, safe ventilation, all materials, studio space and taxes.
- Your hand-made treasures will be annealed in the kiln and are then free to be taken home.
- Cancellation of a scheduled evening class will result in a $30.00 cancellation fee, unless 24 hours notice has been given. Cancellation of a weekend workshop will result in a $100.00 cancellation fee.
- Classes are limited to 3 students per instructor for levels 1 and 2 (with the exception of the pipe-making classes, which are limited to 2 students), and level three classes are one-on-one.
- Please wear tight fitted clothing for the class and close-toed shoes, no loose scarves or sleeves.
- Please click here for a list of class descriptions. Our availability calendar is listed below; give us a call to book your class today! Level three classes are booked individually--please contact us and we will make arrangements with you.
- The cut-off date to sign up for an evening class is the Friday before the class runs. The cut-off for the weekend workshops is the Friday the week before the class runs.